1. INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
We may use server log analysis tools to gather and analyze information regarding our Web Site’s usage and visitor experience, such as (by way of example and not limitation) the number of hits received, our most/least visited pages, how our visitors use the site, our most/least used functions, errors experienced by users, processes completed or abandoned by users, and browsers and platforms used to connect to our Web Site. The following are examples of information about your visit that is, or may be, collected for this purpose: IP address, type of browser and/or operating system, internet service provider (ISP), the date and time you visited this Web Site, the web pages you visited, the action you tried to perform (e.g., enter information, or generate a report), and codes that correspond to the status of your action (e.g., successful request, data not found, etc.).
This information may be collected via a number of technologies, including cookies, web beacons, clear GIFs and other means. You can remove certain cookies by following the directions in your Internet browser’s “help” file. If you disable cookies, you may still browse our website, but your ability to use some areas of our site may be limited.
The above information belongs to us and is used to improve the content, layout and/or operation of our Web Site. We may release this information in the aggregate, for example, by sharing it with our partners or authorized service providers, or by publishing a report on the usage of the Web Site.
2. INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO PROVIDE
We may collect, store and use any information you choose to provide, including without limitation personally identifiable information regarding you and third parties. Personally identifiable information is information that identifies or describes an individual person, including but not limited to the person’s name, e-mail address, and credit card number, billing information and expiration date. You may also provide non-personally identifiable information, such as information about your industry, business or profession, and your credit card type.
We may use the information you provide to deliver the services you have requested, for example:
• We will use the personally identifiable information you provide in using the service and for other purposes as described in the applicable end user agreement.
• If you supply us with your e-mail address, we may send you our e-newsletters and information on upcoming events. We may also use your e-mail address to respond to messages you send us.
• If you register and pay for an event or purchase merchandise or advertising or another product or service, we may use the credit card information you provide to bill you for the product or service you have requested.
• We may use the information you provide to operate and maintain this Web Site and to improve our content, services and communications with you.
If you are visiting our Web Site from a country outside the United States, you acknowledge and agree that in using this Web Site, you will transfer personal information about yourself to the United States, that the data protection laws of the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country and that the transfer of this personal information occurs with your consent.
3. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
• We do not rent, sell or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes, without your consent.
• We may share it with our authorized service providers, for example, those who support our Web Site or service functionality, or who process credit card transactions for us.
• We may share it with business and technology partners in order to provide you with access through our web site to services you have requested.
• We may combine it with other data, and incorporate it in reports, studies, analyses and research, and publish or distribute such the results as we may determine appropriate
• We may use and disclose it as permitted by the end user agreement or other agreement you accept in the course of subscribing to or activating a service we provide.
• We may disclose it in response to a subpoena or court order, or in response to a request from a law enforcement or other government agency, to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against claims.
• We reserve the right to transfer all personally identifiable information in our possession to a successor organization in the event of a merger.
4. RETENTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We will maintain the personally identifiable information you provide for so long as we, in our sole discretion, believe is necessary or appropriate to carry out the purposes for which the information was collected, or to comply with applicable laws, contracts or other rules or regulations.
We may send you messages regarding your membership, subscription, the purchase by you of goods or services from us, or other transactional or relationship messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. If you opt-in to receive marketing materials from us, we may use the e-mail address you provide to send you messages about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. At any time, you can “opt out” of receiving promotional e-mail messages from us, by contacting us at the address below. It may take us ten (10) days to process your request.
This Web Site is intended for adults and older children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen.
We maintain reasonable security procedures and practices to protect the personal information you provide from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure; and we require that our authorized service providers that have access to your personal information implement and maintain such security procedures and practices as well. For example, we use industry-standard tools such as firewalls to protect your personal information; and when you provide personal information through this Web Site, we use a secure socket layer (SSL) connection to enhance security by means of encryption. Please note, however, that Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that no security measures are 100% effective against hackers.
8. EFFECTIVE DATE; HOW TO CONTACT US